Terrazign is a product design consultancy with expertise in textile integration. What we do is hard to describe because it varies everyday, and with every client. Our studio is our sketchbook, and we have a shop full of toys that you will learn to use. Our specialty is anything and everything that touches textile-based product design. But we like not to limit ourselves.
If you’re curious and driven (to the point of perfection) we’ll teach you everything we know about textiles and the methods we use for patterning and shaping fabric.
Your design chops, a drive to try new things, and the curiosity to make products work; i.e. a keen sense of when a stack up is 0.5mm too thick is the key to killing it at Terrazign. Give us your bold competence and your knowhow—it’s the skills that you bring to the table combined with our expertise that helps Terrazign exceed beyond our client’s expectations.
SPECS: Technical Designer
• You strive to make things work better.
• You love working with your hands.
• You can spend all day refining the details to find the perfect solution.
• You’re team oriented: you figure out what needs to be accomplished, and communicate process and plan to the team.
• You take initiative: if you see something that can be improved, you’re the first to provide a solution.
• You have a keen understanding of how things work, and an eye for the details.
• You build, evaluate and test. Then you do that again. And again.
JOBS TO BE DONE
• Prototype construction and tool building.
• Setting up of experiments and iterative prototyping.
• Interpretation of results.
• Processing materials in the studio and shop.
• CAD patterning.
WHAT WE NEED
• 2+ years of design experience with undergraduate degree in a design-related field
• Background in design, product construction and/or familiarity with scientific methods for testing and development.
• Intermediate knowledge of CAD and skills in 2D/3D patterning.
• Exposure working with tools in a shop environment.
• Strong attention to detail.
• Ability to learn quickly and understand systems.
Terrazign is an EEO employer. We offer a competitive salary based on experience and a comprehensive benefits package including paid time off, health insurance, and 401k.